Saturday, August 4, 2007

Floating Market, Bangkok









This market is about an hour or so out of Bangkok. Took a van then got a boat ride to the market. This canal was ordered to be built by King Rama IV in 1866. The soil around the canal is very fertile and great for growing fruits and vegetables. This is the traditional old style of how the selling and buying of goods occurred. On my tour today was a newlywed couple from Greece and an older couple from Taiwan. We all got along well.

At the Floating Market however, I sampled a small piece of fruit and w/in 15 minutes I was getting sick. I got really hot, sweaty, nauseus and felt like my equlibrium was off. 10 minutes later I was violently ill, throwing up in a bathroom, got rid of everything in my system! I was miserable and scared for a bit there. Called Ric to get some attention and support, so it was good I got ahold of him, he helped and just let me whine....Then I took a nap on the busride to our next stop, had a sprite and a bland lunch of rice and bread. Then I was ok. Something did not agree w/ me. Guess fruit is off the menu now. :(

No comments: